2014-15 NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament Projections
> Check out all of the most recent NCAA Tournament projections from College Sports Fans!
February 19, 2015
March Madness is still a little less than a month away, but let’s take a look at how the field of 68 may look if the tournament started today.
This season will mark the fourth year that the NCAA Tournament field will have consisted of 68 teams. The 68 teams will be comprised of 32 automatic qualifiers—all of which are their league’s tournament champion with the exception of the Ivy League which is represented by their regular season champ—and 36 at-large selections.
- Selection Sunday is March 15
- The first round games will be played in Dayton, OH on March 17-18.
- The field of 64 will begin play on Thursday, March 19.
- The East and West regions are paired together and the Midwest is coupled with the South.
- The Midwest (Cleveland) and West (Los Angeles) Regional finals will take place on March 26 and 28.
- The East (Syracuse) and South (Houston) Regional Finals will be on March 27 and 29.
- The Final Four will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on April 4 with the national championship game being on April 6.
Today, we will seed the projected tournament teams and identify which we have receiving at-large/automatic bids, but not actually place the teams into brackets. Automatic bids are noted with an asterisk.
1 seeds- Kentucky*, Virginia*, Gonzaga* and Duke
2 seeds- Villanova, Arizona, Kansas, Wisconsin*
3 seeds- Oklahoma, Louisville, Utah, Iowa State
4 seeds- North Carolina, Northern Iowa, Maryland, Notre Dame
5 seeds- Arkansas, Baylor, Wichita State, VCU
6 seeds- SMU, Providence, Ohio State, Butler
7 seeds- WVU, Temple, Georgetown, San Diego State
8 seeds- Oklahoma State, Indiana, Dayton, Texas
9 seeds- Michigan State, St. John’s, Georgia, Colorado State
10 seeds- Ole Miss, Xavier, Cincinnati, LSU
11 seeds- Harvard*, Illinois, Davidson, UCLA, Purdue
12 seeds- NC State, Murray State*, Stanford, Iowa, Green Bay*
13 seeds- Old Dominion*, Iona*, Bowling Green*, Wofford*
14 seeds- Georgia State*, UC Davis*, Eastern Washington*, Stephen F. Austin*
15 seeds- North Carolina Central*, Texas Southern*, William & Mary*, South Dakota St*
16 seeds- High Point*, American*, Albany*, St. Francis (NY)*, Florida Gulf Coast*, New Mexico State*
Thomas "Bubba" Rosenbaum
CollegeSports-fans.com Staff Writer
Follow Bubba on Twitter @BubbaRosenbaum
NCAA Tournament Home & Historical Results
NCAA Tournament Projections | 2009 NCAA Tournament | 2009 NIT Tournament | 2009 CBI Tournament
Printable NCAA Tournament Brackets | 2010 NCAA Tournament Sites | 2011 NCAA Tournament Sites
2008 NCAA Tournament | 2008 Women's NCAA Tournament | 2007 NCAA Tournament | 2006 NCAA Tournament